Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Meeting the family!

Today I met my homestay family. The house is right in the middle of the old city, between Al-karowayne and the Zawia Sidi Ahmed Tijani. I’m up on the third floor with a wonderful family. Mohammed’s English is solid, his father is, seems stern, but loving. He is a tailor and showed me some of his clothing. His son is finishing his training to do the same, but with modern cloths. They have two daughters and one other son, and one of the daughters has a small child, Do’a (“supplication”), who is a riot, and keeps falling on her bum. The next door neighbors are always over, and their daughter just received 500 DH for doing well in school! The first thing she did was try to give it all to her family members (they gave it back)!

During my walk I met a group of men, led by Hejji Karim, who knew quite a bit of English. He says that he will introduce me to a musician friend of his in the next few days.

And the schedule for the festival looks fantastic!

The morning involved sitting at the old café (now a pool hall!), running to find info on tickets with Annie and Fiona, and enjoying a lunch of people’s leftovers at the school. Who could eat 8 fruits at one meal, anyhow! After a tajine!

The baby keeps screaming when you least expect it. But not in a bad way.

(I miss Annie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment